Tuesday, February 17, 2009

?_?



Have you ever felt, that you give and give, but never get in return? Have you ever questioned whether the golden rule is actually a rule at all. You do unto others as you would have done unto you, and yet you still don't see the positive outcome promised? Sometimes in this life I feel like, if there ever was evidence against the Bible, it would be that very "rule". But i sit here and know that God is faithful and will always provide. In my history, I have learned that sometimes when we obey God and follow his commands, that promises that ensues from our obedience may take years to come to fruition. I know that during that period of waiting it may seem like your turn will never come. It may seem like God enjoys blessing others, but you who strives to follow God and do his will, get left in the dark, dusty cloud of those around running off to experience and enjoy THEIR blessings. I guess there is only one question for me to ask us. "Are you willing to wait for what God has for you?" I know that I spoke on that a few weeks ago to the teens, but it has reemerged in my mind as I began writing. Are we truly willing to wait for what God has for us, or are we so impatient that we will let our greed and selfishness cause us to make unwise decisions that will leave us wishing we would have waited.

No comments: