Tuesday, March 10, 2009

God vs. Man

My wife and I were driving the other day, and I looked over at an abandoned parking lot to my right. I noticed that there was grass growing through the cracks in the pavement. At that mometn a thought ran through my mind. I thought: "Man, God's creation is relentless!" Then I began thinking about that thought. Here we have an abandoned parking lot, something that man created, and when it is left unattended, and unkept, we see that it can not continue performing the task that it was created for. But yet there is grass growing the cracks that were formed in the pavement. Grass, something that God created, and yet even though it is not taken care of and watered every day, it still finds a way to grow and to fullfil its life purpose.That made me think that that which God creates and gives purpose will always find a way to fullfil that which God has created it for, even if there is a man made obsticle in the way. The abandoned parking lot showed me that man made objects will fade and wither and loose their ability to complete what they were made for. But God's creations will push through, fight and find any way to complete their task. Even if it means taking over the object that is hindering them from moving forward. So it was kind of an encouragement(yet the grassy abandonded parking lot)to see that. It helps me to know that God doesent create us and give us purpose so that we can fail. Rather He gives us purpose because we will succeed at the task He has bestowed upon us. We see that a small creation such as grass is relentless in its mission in life, how much more should we, a much greater creation hold nothing back in completing the mission that
God has given us. The creator created us to succeed not to fail, no matter how immovable the man made obsticle might be that stands in our way. We can see that all of God's creations push,fight,claw and find a way to squeeze through the smallest of space and overtake that very obsticle that hinders our foward motion.

No comments: