Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Want More

I constantly find myself yearning for more. Not more things or more money. But for more impact! I not only want to see more meaningful life altering impact but I want to leave more of an impact. I want to leave behind a legacy and not just a memory that will quickly fade as time passes. I hear of so many injustices all around me and I silently cry asking myself "Why were you not there? What could you have done to prevent that? What will you do to prevent that from happening again?" If I merely walk through this life and turn a blind eye to the wrongs I see what is the purpose of my time here on this planet. We were meant for more then just traversing a solitary moment in time and doing nothing to leave a mark on that period we existed. Crimes happen, Loved ones are hurt, physically, mentally and spiritually. What are we doing to satiate the need for justice. Are we stepping into our potential and leaving a lasting impact of Love, Caring, Support and Kindness. Or are we smothering that burning inside of us. That energy that inside that wants to be released so that it can make a difference...a lasting difference.

You see there comes a point when we can either say "enough is enough" and stand up and fight. Or we can say "that's a really horrible thing that happened, but someone else will address it.I'll leave it for them to take care of". Now don't get me wrong I am fully aware that there are two sides to one coin. I can sit here and say I want to do good but I also know that there is evil out there. You cant have a Superman without a Lex Luther or a Batman without a Joker. However I find myself wanting a more meaning full legacy due to the Luthers and Jokers we constantly hear about. Perhaps it is just me. Perhaps I stand alone when it come to the desire for deeper impact. Perhaps I place to much faith on those around me. No. I know its not just me. I know I am not the only one out there that want to stand, that want to fight, that wants to leave behind something to be admired. Not for pride, not for family recognition, not for elevated status. Rather for the betterment of our fellow man. For the betterment our our present. For the betterment of our future and our children's and grandchildren future. I am 100% certain that I could not be a superhero with superhuman qualities. For if I did have them my human nature would take over and many people would be hurt or worse for their atrocities. However although I may not have superhuman powers or abilities. I do possess the ability to tap into that inner potential, to stand for what I believe in and to leave legacy worth remember. As I stated before, I constantly find myself yearning for more. Not more things or more money. But for more impact!



I don't know how many how many of you feel as I do. There is a burning inside you for to leave something behind greater then mere material possessions. I encourage you to seek that you, look inside yourself and find that place that makes you feel "at home" that place where you say "I can really do something here.". And once you've found that, do your best to leave an Impact that future generations will look upon and smile.

No comments: