Friday, May 31, 2013

As the Night Shines: HOPE

As the Night shines,
my eyes whine for they want to see the Light.
It seems that the Darkness is growing... gaining strength,
but my eyes still yearn for the sweet release that the Light brings.
I fight and struggle to find my way,
yet I can find nothing.
Are my efforts in vain, do I struggle and search for a mere figment of my imagination?
My mind begins to war within me with my heart.
My Mind tells me to embrace the Darkness, it says it's always going to be there.
But my Heart tells me to keep pushing forward, don't give up "seek and you shall find".
Truly it is hard to see hope, when physical sight is not a attribute I seem to be able to obtain.
But I keep searching...I keep feeling through the Night... Searching for that hope......


As I search and feel, wondering if this darkness will ever reveal
the key to my freedom. My mind tells me that this HOPE I search for isn't real.

Yet my heart charges me, keep moving forward don't just stand still, lack of motion breads a loss of Will. Loss of Will brings complacency and complacency turns you over to the Darkness.
I can feel it stalking me, following me as I search the Light that I fail to see. 
When suddenly I feel a warmth radiating from inside......could this be the Light? 
The Light that will guide me through the Night. This warmth grows stronger with every passing moment and as it strengthens I begin to question whether this is real or fiction. My nerve rise as I ponder the possibilities of allowing this warmth to overwhelm me. My mind tells me to suppress this happening yet my heart bids me LET GO. I feel as if this internal war will never cease. I drop to my knees with nothing else to loose. I choose to turn over to the warmth. My fear is on a rampage as I feel it clothing every part of me. What was happening? What was coming next? As the warmth consumes my very essence I through my face to the ground in fear and confusion. 


Then in an instant it was gone and I was left laying face in the ground. The seconds that followed only nourished my confusion and fear. What had happened, what was that? I was still in the Darkness left to continue my search. Is this it? Has the Night won?..............Suddenly........my eyes catch something. A glimmer? A shine? I rub my eyes to find that I had found Light! The Light that I so yearned for. The Light that my heart told me to HOPE for. No, I hadn't found the Light, it found me. As my eyes adjusted to this newly obtained sight, I quickly realized why the Light had consumed me. I clearly saw where the Light was guiding me.  I had search through the Darkness, through the Night feeling alone and abandoned for so long. But it was all clear to me know. As the Light radiated around me I could finally see! I was never alone! As far as my vision permitted me I could see others. Others searching through the Darkness. Others fighting with the Night. I understood then what I must do! 


No comments: